Thursday, May 4, 2017

Boudreaux & Thibodeaux, and the disappearing candy bars



Louisiana Tidbit








Boudreaux and Thibodeaux (Boudreaux being the dumbest one of the two) are two Cajuns that, from as far back as I can remember, are the epitome of Cajun humor.  Here's one I thought I'd share as a Louisiana tidbit for the day. 

     Thibodeaux and Boudreaux entered a chocolate store. As they were looking at the candy, Thibodeaux stole three chocolate bars. 
     When they left the store Thibodeaux said to Boudreaux, "I'm da best thief ever. I stole three chocolate bars and no one saw me put dem in my pocket. You can't beat dat."
     Boudreaux replied, "You want to see somet'ing better? Let's go back to da shop and I'll show you real stealing. I'll steal while da shopkeeper is
watching me, and he won't even know."
     So they went to the counter and Boudreaux said to the shopkeeper, "Do you want to see a great magic trick?" 
     The shopkeeper replied, "Yes."       
     Boudreaux said, "Give me three chocolate bars." 
     The shopkeeper gave him three
chocolate bars, and Boudreaux ate all three. 
     The shopkeeper asked, "But where's the magic?"
    To which Boudreaux replied, "Look in Thibodeaux's pocket."

No comments: